Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tombstone Tuesday: St. Mary's & Grove Cemetery, Hardin Co., Ohio

Just outside of Kenton, Ohio going east on Hwy 309 there is a large cemetery that is two combined into one: St. Mary's and Grove Cemetery.

While I was there in Kenton, Ohio in 2011, I wanted to see if there were anymore Spracklen's buried in the area other than the Lee Cemetery which I just posted about in the last several posts.  I did find four more Spracklins to share with you.

First here are some photographs of the Grove Cemetery as overviews:

Grove Cemetery, Kenton, Ohio

The entrance to Grove Cemetery

Grove & St. Mary's Cemetery Map
It is a very nice and well kept cemetery but big so you do need to get clear on where the tombstones are located in your search.  I believe I obtained my information at the Hardin County Genealogical Society in Kenton, Ohio from their cemetery books. Find A Grave has this cemetery online. They have 37% photographed at this time and list 6,843 interments.  Grave Addition has this cemetery and may give an good overview of the stones: http://www.graveaddiction.com/grove.html  Internment has some of this cemetery. The Hardin County Genealogical Society has a Cemetery Index book using the St. Mary's Cemetery name. They have more cemetery information like actual cemetery records so don't hesitate to contact them to assist you in zeroing in on your ancestors.  I have been to this genealogical society twice and both times it was a very positive experience.  Go here to read about my 2nd visit:  Solomon Goss of Fearing Twp. - "Hardin County - Kenton, Ohio, August 24, 2011 post. Or go directly to their website:  http://www.hardincountyconnections.com/index.html






No comments:

Post a Comment