Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tombstone Tuesday: Goss Cemetery, Lenawee Co., Michigan

My goal at the Goss Cemetery was to visit my 3rd Great Uncle the Rev. Levi Goss' tombstone.  In my blog:  Solomon Goss of Fearing Twp., in Ohio, I have written a series of posts about the life of Levi as I know it. The series starts with the date of July 16, 2012 to October 2012. You can access the other blog by  looking to the right of this blog in the side panel and you will find a link to the Solomon Goss blog under My Blog List.  By the way Solomon Goss was Levi's father and his mother was Olive Scott Goss. His sister Lydia Goss Spracklin is my 3rd great grandmother.

Levi and Sophia Goss Tombstone

The picture below gives a close up of the inscriptions on this obelisk, first Sophia, his wife.  I wish I knew more about Sophia like when and were she was born (New York) and when she and Levi got married? Most of my information comes from Flora Montanye Osborn their descendant.  I have not had time to really dig into this line of Goss.



Sophia, wife of Levi Goss
Died Feb. 24, 1856 Age 55 years (b. abt. 1801)

Here is Levi's information:


Levi Goss, died Mar. 31, 1872 Age 78 years (b. about 1794)

Sophia's mother Nancy Rummerfield's stone if featured below.  She is another female with little information on her past:


Nancy wife of S. Rummerfield
Died Feb. 25, 1838 in the 63 year of her age

Levi & Sophia's Monument with other family tombstones spreading to the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment