Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pleasant Hill Cemetery Summary

The bugs were very unkind that day and the sky was threatening so I aimed for the tombstones that I was most interested in.  I did feel there was a lot more to explore in this cemetery because it is filled with Maske, Walters, Smith and a more.

This brings the Pleasant Hill Cemetery photographs to a close and it is time to move on again to other cemeteries and topics. 

This also ends my trip to North Carolina which in retrospect was very interesting and quite unique.  Unfortunately I do not have any ancestors in my world who came from this state so it was all client work, unless my McDonald's side lived here for awhile before heading to Canada? Yes, interesting? 

Here is a Family Tree by a T. Davis and he does have some Walters and their family information as featured in the tombstones that I have shared.  You can even download a GEDCOM. 

http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=SHOW&db=:2715480&surname=Walters%2C+Uriah+Anderson

My trip was not all work but a great deal of play.  We visited Biltmore Mansion in Asheville for a couple of days and I am ready to move in.  Another stop and wonderful place was the Carolina Rapter Center .  We followed that with the Latte Plantation

Biltmore from the Lake

Learning about Raptors

Latte Plantation
Did I mention the Charlotte Mecklenburg Library in Charlotte, NC?  I wanted to take it home with me or just live there.  Go visit, it is a library that you will find very interesting and very wonderful.  They have a genealogical and history area upstairs in the North Carolina Room and it was heaven.  http://www.cmstory.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment